1)
The highs: My favorite moments through this course was doing the interviews in
the beginning stages of my venture. Coming up with ideas are relatively easy
and seem to be bulletproof. However once introducing your idea to new people
who do not have a bias towards you, they can sometimes deliver a harsh reality.
The first interview was nerve racking. When I actually got a multiple response
from my first peer was the highest moment in all of this. An outsider
reinforcing your belief that you have a good idea on your hands is an amazing
motivational booster. This first sense of encouragement made me feel as if I
had real potential to develop a successful venture. There will always be some
people that will discourage you including yourself. Positive feedback from
people who aren’t friends and family can be more motivational than I thought.
The lows: When being asked what the next
step is to your venture can be extremely tough. I spent weeks creating an app
that I thought was perfect. When being asked what the next step is, it led me
to a creative wall. There are always areas that can be improved. Finding them
was very difficult and constantly halted the progress of my venture which was
difficult to accept at times. Also when reading comments on how to improve my
product can sometimes be a little disheartening. However it led to me expanding
my horizon and overall a new and improved product.
Fun: I enjoyed doing the elevator pitches
the most. To create an elevator pitch I could not resist coming to realization that
I am becoming a true entrepreneur. Trying to sell this idea of an app finally
sold the idea to myself. I took this app from just an idea to a potential money
maker and this is what excited me the most during this class.
Drudgery: Finding potential users of my app to interview
sometimes seemed to drag on. The interviews proved to be vital to the success
of my product but initially felt like a burden.
2)The elevator pitch will always be my
favorite experience in this class. This gave me experience in forming idea and
trying to sell it to people. The skill of being able to explain an idea clearly
to others is extremely valuable. There are many times people’s million dollar
ideas never get recognized because they could not express their vision clearly
to their peers. I have a long way to go but practicing in a safe, judge free
environment was a good way to practice vital skills I will need in my future
career.
3) Being able to fully invest myself into a
product of my own helped reveal my entrepreneurial mindset. It is very easy to
hop on board with the next big item or product out on the market. However
creating the next big thing and fully believing in yourself is the mindset of
an entrepreneur and I had to have this mindset throughout the entire semester
to be successful. I always thought I had an entrepreneurial mindset and this
venture reinforced that claim.
4) My strongest recommendation for future
students is invest in your peers the same way you invest in yourself and your
venture. The comments from fellow classmates as well as the interview responses
were some of the most vital resources when revising my venture. Seeing
different responses is key to crafting a perfect venture.
No comments:
Post a Comment