One thing I have failed at was
becoming a pescetarian this spring. This is a lifestyle of a vegetarian with
the exception of eating fish. My main reason for this change was just to live a
little bit of a healthier lifestyle. This diet change prevented me from eating
out a lot more of the times and save money by doing meal preps. I went without
eating all meat except fish for about 4 months and finally broke down and ate a
chicken sandwich.
From
this experience I learned that eating healthier made a huge difference in the
way I felt every day, and my weight dropped and I began to look more cut. I
also began to make more health conscious decisions just because I would start
my day with a healthy mentality. Sadly I also learned I was not the most
disciplined in my eating habits. I learned that I have a few more failed
attempts in my future until I truly go fully pescetarian.
Failure is usually said to be a good thing. A lot of people
say that no one who has ever done something great hasn’t endured many failures.
Although this is probably true it doesn’t make failure any easier to deal with.
It’s a hard obstacle to overcome and the first few times it’s very easy to give
up and not try anymore. The emotional aspect to failure is probably the worst
feeling there is. I personally felt a long period of disappointment and it
effected my perspective towards myself for a while. I began to eat really
unhealthy again, a lot of activities like the gym and skateboarding constantly
decreased taking a toll on my mental and physical health. I got over it finally
and began eating healthy again although I continued to eat chicken and beef.
This class has taught me a pretty good amount about dealing with failure. With
the comments on my constant posts it helped steer me in the right direction for
my venture and helped me see what may or may not be working. Finding out an
idea I thought was full proof isn’t really working out was pretty tough and
sometimes hard to let go of. However reevaluating my idea a few times helped it
become successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment