Sunday, July 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQbXf2tOBY&feature=youtu.be

This is the link to my elevator pitch,

Reflection: While reading the comments on my first elevator pitch I got pretty good reviews. I saw that my idea came off as very clear and people understood what my product does. Some tips I did see multiple times was slow my talking down a little and add a little more movement, aka stand up, hand gestures etc. 


Execution: I first off tried to speak more clearly and a little slower while keeping the video around 1 minute. I also tried to be as clear as possible on what my product will do as well as why it will be useful by comparing it to cash. I tried to stress that it is the best of both worlds by being limited like cash but safe like a credit card. I also wanted to move around more and use my hands a little more. I tried to practice a little more as well so I would not get stumbled up on my speaking. However I took a few takes and could not find one where I did not get tongue tied a little. During pitches your mouth is moving faster than your mind and trip up sometimes. I know I’ll need more practice but still fun to test the waters of an elevator pitch.

5 comments:

  1. Collin, I think you did a great job on your pitch. I like how you took all of the feedback you received into consideration and used it to improve this pitch. I think that you spoke very clear and concise, and had a good amount of movement. You also got your point across efficiently and effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collin,
    I think you did really well with your pitch. I like dhow you spoke clearly and you weren't just standing there. I was able to listen and understand everything you said which helped me learn more about your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Collin,
    That was an excellent pitch for an even better idea! I know I can personally see myself benefitting from an app such as the one you are describing and I feel that a college town such as gainesville is an ideal location for your business. It is clear that you reflected on the feedback from the last elevator pitch. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collin, you did a great job as you incorporated your feedback into your pitch. You spoke quite clearly and delivered your message very well. Again, I think your business venture is a great idea and one I would personally use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great! I saw your improvement with features and movement. I feel like this definitely made you more lively and more animated. I feel like you come across as someone very approachable and friendly, which is good because it will make people gravitate towards you. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete