Sunday, July 10, 2016

Growing My Social Capital

Jordan Snyder
1)      Jordan is a transfer student from Jacksonville, currently in many business and entrepreneurship organizations on campus.
2)      I have chosen Jordan to be my domain expert. Jordan is involved with developing many startup companies already so he knows how to network, develop a business, and then execute the plan.
3)       I first met Jordan through the IA academy. I later met up with him when we both joined an organization on campus called HLC. After a few sit downs with him he told me about his involvement with startup companies and his passion to run companies. Therefore I saw this man as a perfect contact to work with.
4)      Jordan and I have been good friends for some time now and for the most part he is just happy to help and get the experience of this venture. We have not discussed if he would ever become a partner in the business but he has discussed advertising his startups through my app.
5)      Having Jordan on my team will help me learn the process of starting a business as well as network out to other students with the same interests on campus.
Dalton Dessi
1)      Dalton is a third year transfer student from Tampa. He is heavily involved in many Greek organizations on campus and with-in his Fraternity, Pi Kappa Alpha.
2)      I have chosen Dalton Dessi as my marketing expert. Dalton has been very active in the night life on both the USF campus as well as at UF. Dalton is currently working for The Retreat so he knows the college student community very well. He is very familiar with what students would have a great need for this app.
3)      I met Dalton Dessi through the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. I pledged the fraternity with him last fall semester and have been in constant contact with him ever since.
4)      In a result of Dalton helping me with the marketing aspect of my venture he has requested that he gets the app for free and is allowed to promote the Retreat on my app.
5)      Having Dalton on my team will help me find my exact target market making it easier for me to get my app onto people’s phones.
Parker Fields
1)      Parker is a second year student in the Innovation Program. He is involved with many programming organizations on campus.
2)      I have chosen Parker as my Developer. Parker has already launched multiple successful gaming apps and is constantly working on other projects.
3)      I met Parker during my first summer semester on campus in my creativity class. We were assigned to a lot of group projects together and ended up competing against one another in last year’s catalyst. Soon after we met in class he also joined an organization I was involved in called HLC.
4)      As with the other two people I am hoping to partner with I was willing to trade advertising space for his gaming apps if he helps me create my app.
5)      Parker has an exceptional amount of expertise in building apps, how to make it user friendly as well as appealing to potential customers. This will help attract my customers.

Reflection: This experience has helped me network within my college community. I believed this has helped me learn how to find people that can be great help to my business as well as how to bargain for their help. This experience differed a little from my networking in the past simply because I already knew a lot about the people I wanted on my team so although it was a very laid back pitch to get these guys on board it sometimes was a little awkward when we were asking on exchanges of “payment” of goodwill.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you did a very good job reaching out to different people for the three types of jobs necessary for the assignment. I think that all of them will definitely be able to assist you with whatever you many need specifically for your invention. I think that it was great to reach out to Dalton. I think that his outgoing personality will be a great asset to help you with marketing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you reached out to other peers that were doing notable work in professional fields while still in college. Most students think of industry experts as 50 year old veterans, but in the case of your app idea, students are the industry experts. I would keep contact with these guys, they sound like good friends to have if you ever start a business.

    ReplyDelete