1)
My name is Collin Schramm I am a second year
student at the University of Florida currently majoring in Public Relations. My
talents in a business aspect are communicating with clients and gaining trust.
From a non-business aspect I am very good at skateboarding, trying to surf, and
baseball. I aspire to own my own business or partner with peers to help create
a start-up business. Put simply, I want to be a game changer in the business
field. This business concept I have come up with does not hold a specific place
in my heart, it is simply an idea I have and would be practice for other
ventures I will hopefully pursue. I see this as an experience to learn from for
later projects I take on.
2)
I am offering an app that will control how much
you are allowed to spend on your card in 24 hours at specific businesses such
as bars, restaurants, vacation destinations. This app will stop the act of
excessive spending when under the influence of alcohol or just under the
influence of being careless. This app will not only cut off your card after the
cap you set is reached, it will also send texts after every purchase so it will
force the spender to avidly keep track of their spending throughout the night.
3)
This app has a large target market which will benefit
the amount of success with the idea greatly. The age range for this market will
be 21-35. This market can include college students who are very social in the
night life scene, fraternity and sorority scenes, as well as older adults who
still want a guy’s/ladies night out on the town. I am predominately focusing in
on the college crowd because I share the same common need so I will be able to
find a more fitting solution for this crowd and cater more to their specific
needs.
4)
People care because this app has to do with
saving money. Money does not grow on trees and people all work hard for their
money. People also make mistakes… The fact this app can help people not wake up
to a regretfully low bank account and wasting money on activities they can’t
recall makes this app valuable to my target market.
5)
My communication skills along with my desire to
have meaningful relationships with people sets me aside from a lot of people in
a competitive business world. I like to have one on one’s with potential
clients, I like transparency in a business, customers can know everything about
me and I hope to learn a lot about them.
Feedback Memo: The five main points
I took away from the feedback I received from my peers is:
·
Communication is a strong skill to have in the business
community
·
Have to gain customers trust to give bank
information
·
How will it not fall to cyber hackers like Venmo
did
·
Differentiate yourself from other “budgeting”
apps
·
Money is important to everyone so I have a big
target market
I tried to incorporate these 5
qualities into my 5 part assignment above. I tried to emphasize how I excel in
communication and building relationships because all of my peers agreed this is
a good skill to have to help network as well as get people’s trust to give a
third party app their banking information.
I have tried to come up with the fact this app will directly text you
every time your card has been used and also give you a limit for the night and
then freeze the card as a way to differentiate my app from other money saving
apps.
Great job incorporating all of the feedback that you have received to further improve your app. I think that you really have a great idea that can be very successful. I think that having the app directly text you is a great idea as long as people are sober enough to be able to read the messages while out at night. Keep working hard with this idea!
ReplyDeleteFantastic job changing some things about your app. I think this is a great idea, but like you said people have faith that their banking information is not compromised. I would look at other apps that have a good security reputations and see what they do to prevent hacking. Also, your app should have a catchy name, which I don't think will be too hard given its purpose.
ReplyDelete