Sunday, July 17, 2016

My Unfair Advantage

  1. Experience in what my consumers want.
·         This is important because I am part of the target audience I am trying to reach out to. I know this target so well already I know what to put into my product to make it popular.
  1. Experienced app developer.
·         Parker lives in Gainesville and has had experience building multiple apps already. He will be easily accessible and very effective in building my app.
3.   Experience in helping run a business in high school.
·        I was head of the PR department for a start-up business in high school through an organization called “Junior Achievement” this gave me a little experience on how to begin and maintain a start-up.
4.   Being a UF student will make it easier to test my app small scale.
·        It will be easy to find fellow peers that will use this app and tell me their genuine thoughts on it. I will be able to take they comments and ideas to further develop my app to make it more user friendly.
5.   Virtually no money being invested into the development of my app.
·        Little to no startup costs make it easy to operate and test my app. Virtually no risk for a big reward.
6.   Advertising space.
·        This allows me to use my advertising space as leverage to get people to help me start my business such as getting a developer, promoter, etc. This is also my best source of revenue.
7.   Local marketing expert Dalton.
·        Dalton works as a leasing agent for the Retreat currently and so he is well connected to the Greek Life demographic, which I believe will be a large portion of my target audience.
8.   Local entrepreneur readily available to help me.
·        Jordan Snyder has worked with other start-up companies before so he can be very valuable in getting my app on its feet and keep it expanding.
9.   4 years of experience giving premier customer service.
·        A big part of this app’s success will be getting customers to trust that their bank information is safe. I will have to use my ability to comfort customers to make them feel safe while using my app. Without the trust of my customers my app cannot be successful.
10. Being heavily involved on campus makes it easy to find target market potential.
·         Hitting the right target market off the bat will be a big key to the success of my app as well. Too many businesses begin their business by targeting the wrong demographic and then believe they have a bad idea. But this couldn’t be farther from the truth, the people that need that service just don’t know it’s available.

Most Important: I believe the most important resource I have is being in Gainesville around the perfect demographic of people I am targeting. Too many businesses have a great idea but just try to sell it to the wrong people. I am targeting people that have trouble spending to much money out on a night out with friends. This is a very common occurrence in Gainesville being a very prominent party town. Being able to get my app into the right target audience will encourage them to share the app with other friends who could benefit from this and will be free advertising for me.


3 comments:

  1. Collin,
    I think it is a huge advantage to have experience in running a business because you know what to expect. I also think it is important to have experience with customer service because that can be a small reason that seperates you from competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collin, I think you are aptly prepared for running a business based on what you can bring to the table. Your contacts and you being a Gator expands your potential as well. I agree that your most important resource is being in Gainesville around the ideal demographic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collin,
    I love that you mentioned having experience in customer service. I think this is awesome that you realize because a lot of people think about what will make my business successful initially but not what will make my business in the long run? Customer service does that. Also, obviously, having experience running a business will make you so much more likely to succeed. You are in a very good position to make this business a reality!

    ReplyDelete